Thursday, May 08, 2014

 

Right Next Door to Hell

I've developed the basic movement mechanism for the units. Not easy, I can only say that the great genius who discovered the arctan function deserves all my respect.
Not easy also how to ensure that units can't enter a specific terrain, I had to develop a sort of radar that scans the terrain and that stops the calculations in case even a portion of a unit crosses a forbidden terrain.
Now a new challenge: it is very important that the player can have a forecast of how far each unit can arrive every turn. This is a daunting task, it's one of these moments in which I simply have to let my two neurons spin, staring at my blank sheet of paper or standing up in the living room staring at nothing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?